 Local / United Kingdom / 460
Re: SW & Slizers in Tesco's Amersham (BUCKS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:12:42 GMT

:) That was part of their appeal - the wide variety of pieces, although
the only one I really liked was the Lab one, and only then when
everywhere seemed to be selling it for 20 quid! I don't know if the
train was any good though..

Before I became the AFOL that I am now, and for a while as I was getting
back into Lego, I sad some terrible things about Time Cruisers. I take them
all back. The pieces you get are fantastic - lots of clear orange stuff on
top of a fantastic mixture of other bricks and pieces, and if you can still
find them you can pick them up for parts for a steal!

If the boat was there for fifteen quid, it's probably quite a good buy. I'm
seriously annoyed at TRU Cardiff for *still* trying to get me to pay £25 for
said set!

The train is... mad. I've still got it made in my dining room. Great
selection of pieces again, especially the staircase on the back.

There was another one I've got - forget the name/number but the main chasis
is a 1970s Homebuilder bathtub!

The sets were perhaps a little too far out for some people, but it's
nice that Lego is/was willing to take risks sometimes.. even if this
does throw up the odd Timmy!

The last truly innovative thing Lego did, perhaps? Adventurers are okay -
nice cars - but Time Cruisers were so bloody weird! We'll never see the
likes again, unless Lego want to start marketing Lego Street Preachers =)

Steve
Llegogogoch-
http://mis.fortunecity.com/lego/
Lego Street Preachers-