 Local / United Kingdom / 4583
4582  |  4584
Subject:
Hamleys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:49:59 GMT

Just popped in to Hamleys this evening as I now live only a couple of tube
stops away...

Lego has a window display with the new Silver Champion featuring big time -
three of them in the window along with a crash helmet, a wheel off a real F1
and some kind of looping video playing... it was rewinding when I went to
take a closer look.

Prices? Normal Hamleys ripoff... Silver Champion (8458) - £139.99. Strangley
they did not have either of the other two new technic sets, but they did
have the speed computer thingy - £19.99. Interestingly they also had Model
Team Diesel Truck for sale at a very unreasonable £79.99. (Apols about the
set numbers, but I went to the pub afterwards and down a few pints...!).

-Stacey