 Local / United Kingdom / 4318
4317  |  4319
Subject:
Working on Metro Terminus. Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:02:17 GMT

I am working on my large terminus station ready for TVLF2000.

However, I have a construction crew of around 100 minifigs who are currently
waiting around doing nothing as the pre-fabricated parts that are required to
finish the station have not arrived due to closure of the production plant.

If anyone has any light grey flat platform plates (only 2 needed to complete
stage 2 of the project, though this meant stripping the platforms from my
Metrostation Plus, so more welcome), or large number of large grey tiles, I
could offer huge sums of money or interesting trades.

Second I need some tall black columns, 2x2 round as used in 6097 night lords
castle. These are used as supports for the roof.

Sorry to post a WTT/WTB notice here, but hoping my direct plea to the UK lego
community and fellow festers will get heard better than it did in
lugnet/marketplace.

BTW, the station is now huge, occupying 6 48 stud base plates, 2 base plates
are the terminus building (which is extended and modified since Reddifest),
and 4 are used as foundation for the platforms which themselves have another 4
baseplates forming the arched roof. Its built as 3 2-plate sections to enable
transport.

I also ordered 500 thin wall windows from lego direct, via Tony Priestman,
that will be used for a modern glass wall effect down the length of the outer
platforms.

The terminus will form one side of Metro Plaza. I ordered a load more windows
to build an office block on another side.
Anyone fancing bringing some more large building MOCS to complete the plaza?

regards
lawrence