 Local / United Kingdom / 4301
Re: European Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:53:44 GMT

"Alan Kershaw" <alan@kershawcomputing.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:FxCC00.LFs@lugnet.com...
My son and I are off to France next week for a few days. Does anyone want • me
to look out for any particular mainland only sets?

Is lego in Europe (well, Fance anyway) much cheaper than the UK? I
have been on the lookout for technic 8462 for a while now and the
bloke I share an office with is convinced that he saw it in Toys-R-Us
in City Europe (I think - the one next to the Eurotunnel terminal) for
360 FF.....I make this something like 36 quid which sounds too good
to be true (he is fairly certain that this was not on offer at the time).

As I like next to the Tunnel terminal at Folkestone this is rather
tempting. Is all lego cheaper in France? Is he likely to me mistaken
about this? Should I stop bringing back beer and start importing my
own lego?!

Cheers,

Darren

--