 Local / United Kingdom / 4251
Re: 8462 half price (again) in Tesco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:07:32 GMT

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Fwyox9.8Fn@lugnet.com...
For those of you who missed the pneumatic crane in last year's Argos half
price sale, they're now available for £32.48 from Tesco. My local branch • had
two left a couple of hours ago, so LMK quickly if you want any picked up!

I assume your local store is Chatham? I called in on the off chance on
Saturday
lunchtime but they had all gone :-(

Don't suppose you have one to sell do you?...

Does anyone know other Tesco stores that carry a large range of Lego? All my
local ones just have a few small sets (mainly Starwars stuff) - the Chatham
Tesco seemed to have quite a range for some reason. Ashford (both of them),
Folkestone, Manston and Gillingham don't carry much.

BTW: My local store still has several of 8459 (pneumatic digger), but
they're still £44.85 :-( can't get the manager to drop 'em at all...

Yeah - I was very tempted. However, I had the wife in tow (she wasn't too
pleased at being dragged around tesco store looking for lego!). For the last
year I have been restricted to only buying Lego if it is half price or less.
For
some reason it then stops becoming an "expensive toy for sad blokes who
never grew up" (yep, I admit to that) and becomes "a bargain"!

Thank god for Argos sales :-) That, combined with being paid to surf (see my
sig - plug plug) and the Argos premier points on my petrol I seem to be able
slowly increase my collection without my wife noticing the finances too much
:-)

Oh well, if you ever persuade the manager to half the price of the 8459 sets
then let me know - it looks quite a nice set.

Cheers,

Darren

--
Let someone else pay for your lego -