 Local / United Kingdom / 4084
Re: my foty - 1965 "200 Town Plan Board"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:26:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I say _my_ foty as it has been a pretty bad year for me so far. But this
weekend things changed a little for me:

First, a rather dull find:

1 A 6410 (with double sloped train tops).
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?Set=6410-1&f=1&r=1

Not very exciting, but good value at £1 (~$1.5)

But second, a real find

2 A 1965 Town plan. It is not on pause, but I found it on BRICKSHELF - it is
on the left of the picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1965/u65uk/u65uk-03.jpg

It is also on the right as "200 Town Plan Board"

Not bad for £3 (~$4.5)

Do you mean the board only or the whole town including bricks for three quid?
I must admit to a touch of nostalgia here, the well-worn board of mine has
since dissappeared (with deep gouges in the cardboard from matchbox cars). I
have now trained myself to adopt an "it's only a kid's toy an is not really
valuable" attitude - this saves me loads of grief!

Jon

Scott A