 Local / United Kingdom / 4020
4019  |  4021
Subject:
UCS at Hamleys, and London generally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 13:02:57 GMT

Popped into Hamleys on the off chance they had the UCS Lego, and they did.

7190 MF:      90 ukp
7181 Tie:     90 ukp
7191 X-Wing: 130 ukp

Compares pretty badly to Bluewater, eh? They also had the MF built in
one of their display cabinets and it looked pretty icky. They hadn't
built the UCS sets which is good, as otherwise I might have bought one
despite the inflated prices.

Which brings me to the next point- where do people go to get Lego in
London? I've been down here three months now and so far only found John
Lewis (minimal stock- no B Wings for example, drat), Hamleys (far too
pricey), a Toy Stack in Ilford (much the same as Toy Stacks everywhere)
and an expensive independent somewhere in North London that had, to my
pleasant surprise, two <set:6347> Monorail Accessory Tracks for 30 ukp.
I bought one, and if anyone either a) wants to go and get the other or
b) wants me to go (but it won't be until next weekend at least) contact
me privately.

So where is there to buy reasonable priced modern Lego in London?
Ideally it'd be central, but I live in E12, so if it's towards Essex
it's OK. I don't drive, though, so Bluewater is a right hike; Lakeside's
a bit better but not much. Any ideas?

--
:: paul
:: husk