 Local / United Kingdom / 3556
Re: Where has all the traffic gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:27:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ian Bishop writes:

Is everyone on holiday or something? I thought we were one of the
busiest groups at one time?

Maybe we get most of our conversations at the fests now? Certainly it seemed a
lot busier 5-6 months ago :) I don't get the feeling that it's entirely down to
people having less time, as we do have more contributors than ever before!

Maybe the more acrimonious threads soured the happy-go-lucky aura of loc.uk for
some people?

Maybe everyone is in hiding in case I badger them to add some local shopping
information to the database:

http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?p=shops-by-area
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?p=shops-contribution-guide

*hint*hint* Only three 'special prizes' left for the next three lucky people to
send me information about their local shops! *bribe* *etc* :)

Maybe it requires a 'critical mass' of contributors with time to start and
reply to threads?

Maybe us loc.uk'ers have found other interesting corners of LUGNET to inhabit -
I know I spend a bit of time in admin.general badgering Todd for new features,
and I've seen Tony P pop-up in .pirates (Nice Ship!!).

Maybe the glorious British weather is keeping everyone outside.. nah, that
can't be it...

In conclusion - I dunno - good question! :)

Richard