 Local / United Kingdom / 2710
Re: Mindstorms for £80 in Dixons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:19:42 GMT

It was Dixons in Warminster and the set was the original 1.0 version.
The area manager had told the manager to get rid of them, since he
originally had about 8 of them.
The local manager asked if he should reduce them to half price, at which
point the area manager nearly choked.
On recovering, he said that the local manager should do what he needed to
do, to get rid of them.
The local manager deemed it necessary to sell them at half price. :-)

I'm sorry, but they were quickly snapped up.
I placed my name on a couple that had not been collected last week, but they
were holding them until the weekend.
Unfortunately, the people who had reserved them collected them after all.

I got a couple for me and any others would have gone to the other people
that asked me for them.
Sadly, I let those people down.

Jonathon

PS. To my knowledge, none of the other nearby Currys, Dixons or PC World
stores have taken the same decision as the manager of the Warminster Dixons
store.

Dave Ryder wrote in message ...
Where would that be? I don't think I've ever seen Mindstorms in Dixons at
any price, let alone 80 quid!

Jonathon Goldsworthy <jgold@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message
I noticed a stack of clearance Mindstorms sets, normally £159.99, reduced • to
£79.99 in my local Dixons store.
Jonathon