 Local / United Kingdom / 195
194  |  196
Subject:
FOTW!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 21:10:39 GMT

A rarity! A FOTW in the UK!
Went to the TRU in Hayes for my lunch break. In the fortnight
since my last visit, they had rearranged all of the shelves
(large Playmobil sets now encroaching into Duplo/Primo
territory).
Anyway, along the top shelf were:
6248 Volcano Island at 10 quid,
and 6614 Launch Command Fire set! At 7 quid. I had just paid
14 for one at auction which arrived on Monday! I bought them
both. They also had 6939? Big Spyrius BURP base at 30 quid,
and 2 6879? Blizzard Barrons. The Ice Planet sets were in
attrocious condition, and my LC set was a bit crushed. There
were no other magical finds, though. Nothing on sale, either,
except for those medium-sized UFO sets for 15 pounds, which
still didn't tempt me. They had a 100 on Xmas Eve, now there
are only 24!
All the trains are long gone (I want a 4559, but not at 90
pounds!). They do have 2 speed regulators for 10 pounds each!
(30 at the Entertainer....)
Well, 3 days to go and I will be going to the land of the 75%
Target sales! Hopefully something will be available to buy!
(I do have 6 Silver Brick tubs on their way to where I am
staying, so all is not lost!)
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/