 Local / United Kingdom / 158
Re: Sales: Beatties & The Entertainer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:57:07 GMT

My Beatties' is regretably a bit thin on Technic (High Wycombe), and
certainly no subs. A shame, I'd certainly get another if it were only
20 quid! Mine does have 8217?? the robot (XXXL Models) for 20 quid.
I hope to visit the Entertainer in Amersham myself tomorrow. Was going
today, but found myself unwilling/unable to go.....
The notion of a sale is promising, though not encouraging?? What I mean
is that in 18 months of visiting their stores, they rarely put on sale
current range sets, only discontinued ones........
What are the chances, does anyone think, of Shell promo sets getting a steep
discount, now that the promo is almost over, and Xmas has passed?????
I have all of the sets, and nearly 600 points to use, and would sure like
to get more!!

Dave Ryder wrote in message ...
All,

In their sale, Beatties Holborn Branch (London) has 8299's (Technic Sub) • for
19.99 and 8456's (Technic Fibre-Optic basic set) for 24.99 also some other
non-Technic stuff, but I didn't have time to make notes.

Methinks the Sub is the better deal, esp. if you're into pneumatics like • wot I
am. I don't know if this applies to other branches of Beatties or not.

They also had quite a lot of new sets, esp. Ninja and Space, but these were • all
full price of course!

P.S. The Entertainer shop in Amersham has a sale starting today and going • on
for the next week or so. I'll try to get in there and report back anything
interesting.

Regards, Dave Ryder.

--
        \|||/