 Local / United Kingdom / 153
Re: Have the sales started yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:21:16 GMT

Our local Entertainer (Sutton Coldfield) has most of the UFO sets marked down.
The big one with fibre optics for £30 or 35, the large round one for £20
(currently £15 at TRU) and others.

Wild West gets a cheap Indian Camp for £25, but the only Technic was
82-something or other - a fire engine.

No '99 stuff yet.

Nothing in Woolies to shout about, and the Beatties department store
(completely different to Beatties the toy and model shop) had things at their
usual inflated prices (generally £1-10 more than anywhere else).

Haven't looked in Birmingham yet (still can't drive due to the knee).
Hopefully I'll get there Thursday.

Richard