 Local / United Kingdom / 1358
1357  |  1359
Subject:
Toy shop register suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:05:56 GMT

As I was cruising round north Staffordshire last weekend, I was musing
on the fact that if anyone were to follow in my footsteps, they wouldn't
find much.

(I got a 4539 level crossing, 4022 C26 Cutter, 6483 Police boat, 6340
Fire engine, and several boxes of straight 9V track for £10 each,
amongst other goodies)

Anyway, back to the subject:

Would it be a good idea to start a directory of toy shops with details
of who's been there, what they bought and more importantly, what they
left?

My thought was that this would be a co-operative subscription service,
with information shared between those people who are 'in', so that some
unscrupulous pirate (like me :-) couldn't harvest our info and raid the
good/unreached places.

Perhaps this is too cloak and dagger. Well, it's a discussion point :-)
--
Tony Priestman