 Local / United Kingdom / 1150
1149  |  1151
Subject:
AFOL selling 1960's collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 23:35:58 GMT

This weekend I visited an offline AFOL friend of mine in the home counties.
It turns out that he is drastically downsizing his collection, and so has
about 100 sets, and 450 instruction manuals for sale. These sets include
many boxed 1960's large vehicles, and parts packs, with only a quarter of
his collection being from the 80's and 90's. He plans to sell most of this
at the Farnham Maltings Toyfair on sunday the 5th of September (this sunday
coming), so if anyone is interested I suggest you make your way there.

I have a copy of most of the sets and prices which I will post to
buy-sell-trade later tonight, but my being 4+ hours away, don't count on my
being able to pull any sets for you.

Finally, as a taster, here is what I pulled from his collection for myself;

423    1960's    clear/black macaroni parts pack.
6074    1986    black knights? castle    complete, box and instructions.

*6538    1994    hot rod
*0851    1978    technic tractor
*8035    1986    technic universal
*8040    1984    technic universal
*8620    1986    technic ski buggy
*8660    1986    technic ski snow ranger
*8844    1981    technic sky copter

*instructions only, no boxes or parts.

and about 4 pounds of loose mixed elements including some train parts, and
roller garage doors.

The cost for my haul?
20 UKP

good luck.