 Local / United Kingdom / 1092
Re: Really old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 21:14:55 GMT

I forgot to say that I didn't buy either of the sets, I just posted this in
case anyone was looking for old sets or wanted to compare prices or
whatever...

--
Colin
numbersix@freshfroot.freeserve.co.uk

Col <NumberSix@REMOVEfreshfroot.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Hiya

Took a trip to Weymouth today, saw a very cloudy almost-total eclipse, and
walked round the town afterwards. There's a shop called 'Collectables', an
antique toy shop, in a small arty shopping centre called Brewer's Quay and
it had two vintage Lego sets - an 060 set from 1965 which was £30, and a
Basic-type set just numbered '5' I think which I think was from about 1970
which was £11.

Disturbingly, the shop also had some Matchbox-type cars and other stuff
which I remember playing with when I was little, and now they're
'collectables'. Getting old...