 Local / United Kingdom / 1047
1046  |  1048
Subject:
New Super Car (8448)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:14:10 GMT

Hi there,

I normally only post on rec.toys.lego but I thought I would this a go. Deep
breath... Go!

It is uncanny how close the new 8448 is to the old 8880 in terms of length,
width, height, wheel position and size, seat position, etc. Even the front and
rear ends and very similar when viewed from above.

Looks like an admission from LEGO that they should have kept the 8880 for
longer than they did.

Other than the above ramblings, I would like to say that it is in fact a great
set which is bound to please the majority of collectors (obviously won't
please those who think we should still be using 4x2 blocks to build everything
:)

My only reservation is that the new range seems to have variations on a theme
rather than true alternative models :(

Oh, and its good to hear that we got the new sets before most of the
Americans. Woo hoo!

Stephen
--
Stephen Robson