 Local / Sverige / 1513
Re: lugnet signs in Sweden
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 18:22:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Anders Isaksson writes:
("lugnet" means something like "the tranquility" in Swedish)

These were pretty funny.

"The Lugnet Inn" (That's the one I was mentioning in loc\se\)

Is this a reference to the Guarded Inn set?

"Bowlingclub Lugnet"

Unfortunately, a bowling ball made of bricks wouldn't roll very well.

This one is rather frightening (not about OUR lugnet, though):
"Lugnet, a municipal activity for people with psycho-social illnesses"

I don't know, that sounds like a pretty good description to me.  ;)

Thanks, these made me laugh.

Bruce