 Local / Nederland / 807
Re: LEGO Autumnevent in Zwolle, The Netherlands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 07:08:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.nl, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Hi there,

never got around to go to a 'Bouwsteen' meeting, even though I've been in
the country for almost a year now....
Can you tell me (us?) what to expect in Gouda in June?
Thanx a mill'

Duq

Hi Duq,

Usually the meetings of 'De Bouwsteen' have the following things to be seen:
Club members can sell sets, parts and LEGO items. So there is usually a mixture
of new and old parts and sets. These are usually sets that cannot be found
(easily) in the Netherlands. Some are new promo sets from abroad, others old
sets from a few years ago to over twenty years ago. As the sellers know a lot
about LEGO the prices are realistic (high for rare sets, low for common sets),
so usually you don't find a bargain, but you can find rare sets, you've been
looking for a long time.
There are also displays of mainly own creations. This varies from meetig to
meeting. Often the members build something, take it with them to the next
meeting, then tear it apart and build something new. So it is always a surprise
to see which creations are present the next meeting.
Most of the times there is a train track with own creations on the track (kids
always love to play with those trains) and for the kids there is a building
contest.
From time to time we also have other events. We had for example for a number of
times a robot race, where the mebers could bring their own Mindstorms robot and
compete against each other.
As most of the people present at the meeting are LEGO fans, ther are usually
nice discussiuons about special items and sets.

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma