 Local / Nederland / 1351
Re: retail stores in Naarden
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:19:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.nl, Peter Langlois writes:
Greetings,
I will be visiting the Netherlands on business but would like to do a little
Lego shopping if it is worth it. Are there any fair to good priced stores in
or around Naarden (or even Zwijndrecht/Dordrecht) area? I would prefer
stores that have good selection with, possibly, special edition sets >available.

I would not bother if I where you, for it will be a disapointment. The main
toy store chains in The Netherlands, Intertoys and Bart-Smit have merged a
while ago, and lack of competition make them bold enough to ask rediculous
prices. These are well above the prices that LEGO prints in the cataloges,
to hide this painfull fact they even refuse to hand out LEGO cataloges. Also
they have poor selection, they only want to offer fast selling items.
Nowadays only the independent toy stores are still interesting, but most of
these are located in the remote border regions of our country.

What kind of items are you looking for ?

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.