 Local / Italia / 9209
Re: (tentative) new Toronto lego robot contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:24:13 GMT

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:32:55 GMT, "Mario Ferrari"
<mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote:

"With a brilliant intuition Marco Beri, the third member of our small group,
had the idea of building a Tic-Tac-Toe machine, a robot able to play a board
version of the well known game. We immediately felt it was the right idea:
board games have been historically considered a good test for machine
intelligence, so even if Tic-Tac-Toe cannot compare to Chess we thought it
was the right project to show in the "temple" of AI at MIT.
Marco wrote the software, we built the hardware, and just a few days before
leaving we met and refined the last details. Our robot, named TTT, worked
perfectly and aroused a lot of interest."

Mario,
adesso mi tocca richiamare Ghezzi e dirgli di accettare i diritti del
vostro libro...
E mi tocca anche comprarne un centinaio di copie :-))
Ciao.
Marco.
P.S. Mario, scherzi a parte sono assolutamente gongolante. Ecco, la
parola giusta e` quella... Grazie a te e a Giulio!
P.P.S. Per Guido: certo che sei proprio un fetente, ci avevo creduto.