 Local / Italia / 2832
Re: Pezzo misterioso...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:15:19 GMT

Salute Giulio,

let me write in English, as I don't speak Italian. Hopefully, the
information is still useful for you.

The piece you show us here:

  http://www.geocities.com/gfhammer78/black.html

is needed to build train engines with 4 axles with the old 70s train motors.
They were available in the 70s as spare parts pack

   12: http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk78/GK78-19.JPG

Snap one of these into each of the sliding contacts (sitting at the bottom
of the motor):

   27: http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk78/GK78-18.JPG
   (later, these were available as box 704, then as polybag 1151)

and you are set.

There are numerous examples for such engines made by LEGO. Here is just a
selection from the catalogs on my site:

  721: http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk70/GK70-14.JPG
  162: http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk77/GK77-11.JPG
  727: http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk79/GK79-17.JPG

You may be able to find more and better pictures on LUGNET, but I didn't
check ...

Ciao

Horst