 Local / Italia / 2760
Re: Thanks Larry, Horst, Ezio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 06:21:55 GMT

Hello Ezio, Larry, Mario, ...

I am writing this as I am back home (and having a really hard time getting
back to work) ;-/

I want to thank everybody was at Ezio's house during this weekend for the
pleasant time we had together.

I can only second that. We really had a great time. Mostly LEGO related, but
also good food, and everything else one would need.

A special thank to Larry for having been the catalyst of this event, to
Larry & Horst for having driven such a long route to come and meet us (and
for Saturday's dinner),

It was a pleasure for me (even though I am kind of tired now, and have to go
to bed a bit earlier that the last few days). Thanks to Larry's air
conditioned rental car, and thanks to the great scenery we drove through, I
actually enjoyed the drive. Never having been to all these places, I found
it quite interesting. Larry, let me thank you for driving me around safely
and comfortably (even though we joked about your driving style ;-).

and to Ezio for his hospitality.

Again, I can only second this. I wonder whether he will have more work to
clean his house, or I will have more work to sort all the LEGO I bought.
What I do know, however, is that sorting LEGO is a lot more fun. So, thank
you, Ezio, for letting us invade your home.

We don't want forget Ezio's girl friend Monica, who was very patient with us
and our obsession (as well as our always-too-quick english conversation). I
need to learn some Italian ...

Pictures of the event to be published on www.itlug.org as soon as possible
(y'know it might mean *months*!)

I'll put my best pics (maybe even some video) up on my site as well (or is
there a better place I could use for that?) ... and will notify when done.

Ciao

Oreste

PS: Mario, I just read your note about what I roughly translate as your
    strangest-ever LEGO deal. Same for me, but the reduction in volume
    helped a lot to get all the stuff home, which still was some work. I
    will have to do more work to do in my basement to meet the commit-
    ments I gave to my wife, in terms of the space I use for LEGO :-)

PPS: I intended to send this on Monday already, but ran into some trouble
     with the LUGNET news server (or my setup for it). I never have used
     it before for posting ...