 Local / Italia / 10330
Re: E da quando...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:32:10 GMT

... BrickBay" è diventato "Brick Link"?
http://www.bricklink.com/

Sta scritto nelle news 8-))

---QUOTE---
Web Site Name Change - 1/30/2002 3:33:44 PM
We changed the site name from BRICKBAY.COM to BRICKLINK.COM after receiving an
e-mail from the eBay legal department stating that "the coined term "eBay" is
one of the most famous names on the Internet" and the suffix Bay in
BrickBay "dilutes the famous eBay trademark" and requesting that we stop using
the name "BrickBay".

We have better, more positive things to do and decided to change the name
rather than spend time, money and energy to fight with stupidity. eBay
(incorporated) is the world's largest auction site with approximate $5 billion
in annual sales and we find it hillarious that they would see us as
competition.

We received an overwhelming amount of disgust towards eBay for this action not
only from Lego fans but also from Star Wars and Video Game fans where the news
has spread.

You can contact us using our old e-mail aliases only they're @bricklink.com
now.