 Local / European Union / 14
Re: A BIGGER LegoFest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:44:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Frank Buiting writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
I notice several posts discussing next years lego fests.
I am really looking forward to going to one, so far the last couple since I
have been active here have clashed with other things so I couldnt come.

Maybe you are interested in the EuroFest? Check out the thread:
http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=389

Yes, I saw the posts on the Eurofest.
However, you would have to be a pretty dedicated lego fan to travel across
Europe. Clearly there are some dedicated fans and getting together at a
european level would be nice.

But, I dont think the 100's of local folks and families with their school kids
are going to do that.

Hence my concern about was there enough interest from the wider pubic to make
it worthwhile.
Clearly everyone knows lego and lots of people buy it. but would they see an
advert in a paper for a legofest and say, 'oh look kids lets go to that this
weekend'
Or are only us AFOL interested enough to do this, in which case the current
legofests would be at the right scale.

regards
lawrence