 Local / Danmark / 293
Re: Danish Brick Testament-esque nativity story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:19:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Here I would actually disagree.  I've been to a large number (let's say
about 33, because this comes up every Christmas) of church plays put on by
the Sunday school kids, at different churches over the years, and it's
always the same (not to mention different book versions, songs, etc):

Angel goes to Mary
Joseph almost quietly breaks up with Mary but is disuaded by dream
Mary and Joseph go to Bethlehem because of Roman tax/census
No room at the inn - go to stable
Jesus born, swaddling clothes, etc
Out in the hills, shepherds, angels, etc
Later - wise men, go to Jerusalem, then to Bethlehem, return by another route
Herod tries to kill Jesus, escape to Egypt

Your point is well taken.  There probably are not all that many different
orders in which to harmonize the events of the birth narratives.  I would
have to read Danish or have a good English translation of their site to see
if their website was using the exact same selection of passages as mine.

BTW, congratulations on the CLSOTW.  I actually voted for your site
above my own.

Wow, thanks!  It's realy nice to be recognized as CLSOTW.  I hadn't even
noticed I was up for the honor this week.

I also discovered this poll a week or so ago which cracked me up:

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/results/?n=77

I'm flattered I even got 10 votes!  @8^)

-Rev. Smith