 Local / Danmark / 268
Re: Visiting LEGOLAND Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:11:55 GMT

Hello,

There are a lot of attractions in the part but you can walk from the one end
to the other in 10 minutes,
so you will be able to get an overview in a short time. However I can give
you some hints.

Go to the show when you come to the park. When the attractions close at
about 18.00 (the part closes
at about 20.00) (these times can change depending on the visiting date) the
stop will be stuffed with
people. Also miniland will be crouded when the attractions close but it is
still possible to get arround.

The dragon and the "sailing in a cave" is quite nice. There are a lot of
large legodisplayes along the
ride. Arround the children boadride there are a lot of large sculptures.
(Statue of liberty, Frankfurter doom
and other wellknown buildings. I think you can go arround the attraction to
see these. I have two children
so I can go by the boadride ;-). The western town is a bit boring. This is
mostly restaurants and shops (not
lego but "western" things. However there are a huge sculpture of Sitting
bull (2000000 bricks including duplo)
an 18meter long "wall painting" of a buffolow hunt and the 4 precidents at
mount redmond (is this right?).
Duploland is only for small children. However it is fun to see the duplu
figures (men and animals) made
in large scale. Also try to walk through the playground. The rubber floor is
quide funny.
There are also running an 4D lego racer movie in the cinema. It is quite
well done. You should see that.

The stock-sale starts at oct. 12 but the first week it is only for people
with season-tickets. (I have one :-))
But thereafter it use be open for the "public" but I cannot guarantee it.

Further questions - just ask.
Lars Gertsen - Denmark

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
Hey everyone -
I'll be in Billund in a few weeks, and visiting the LEGOLAND park on the
24th.  I'd like to spend enough time there to take it all in, but having
been to the California park I realize there are a lot of attractions • geared
towards kids that I may not be interested in.  Can anyone suggest to me
their list of must see items at the park?  Things to avoid?  I'm very
interested in Miniland, sculptures, and unique exhibits which have to do
with the producs (development, history, etc), but not so interested in the
water rides (especially in October) ;-)

Also, as of now I am probably going to the park alone.  I'm staying in
Åarhus with a fellow AFOL who can't get off of work that day.  Are any of
you locals interested in spending a day at the park with me?  If so, • please
email me at tim@ldraw.org, and we can arrange meeting up.

Thanks!

-Tim