 Local / Danmark / 266
Re: Visiting LEGOLAND Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 07:54:08 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.billund, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey everyone -
Hi Tim

I'll be in Billund in a few weeks, and visiting the LEGOLAND park on the
24th.  I'd like to spend enough time there to take it all in, but having
been to the California park I realize there are a lot of attractions geared
towards kids that I may not be interested in.  Can anyone suggest to me
their list of must see items at the park?  Things to avoid?  I'm very
interested in Miniland, sculptures, and unique exhibits which have to do
with the producs (development, history, etc), but not so interested in the
water rides (especially in October) ;-)

I was there last October (and am going agin on the 19th).
If you do like some rides, then go for Dragen (the Dragon) and probably the
new Racers ride. There are other fun rides as well.

Miniland _is_ great, and you can spend hours there I believe.

What I remember from last year, the Adventure Land was rather boring.
The Imagination Zone is a little special and close to that, there was a
display of the Silver Champion in full size. It is fun to see the studs
build from LEGO bricks themselves.

In the buildings to left when you enter LEGOLAND there is usually some
displays and workshops with varying themes, like Robotics etc.

Also, as of now I am probably going to the park alone.  I'm staying in
Åarhus with a fellow AFOL who can't get off of work that day.  Are any of
you locals interested in spending a day at the park with me?  If so, please
email me at tim@ldraw.org, and we can arrange meeting up.

Thanks!

-Tim

BTW. Do not expect good bargains on LEGO sets, sometimes some of the
discontinued sets are sold cheap in the Park. However do look out for the
LEGO Factory Outlet. Sometimes LEGO does that, and announce it in flyers on
the cars in the parking lot. Look for words like "Lagersalg" or "Fabrikssalg".

Have a nice trip
Regards, Carsten