 Local / Danmark / 200
Re: EURO (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:36:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.eu, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Pedro:

From this day on (October 1st, 2001), it is mandatory for all
shops wihtin EMU with more than seven workers to present their
prices both in Euro and local currency.

This may be true, but Denmark is (just as Sweden) not a part of
the Euro project.

Play well,

Jacob

I know that. The UK is not part of the European Monetary Union as well.
I only posted to these countries because they ALSO belong to the EU, and
therefore may have interest on the subject, even as observers. For the same
reason I also posted to .us, .ca and .au, because many stores are located in
these countries and *may* want to provide their customers from Europe the
"Euro option"...  ;-)
In all, the purpose of the post was more to draw attention to the upcoming
change of currency, ESPECIALLY in those countries where it is not taking
place... as for the rest of us, we will have plenty of time to worry with
conversions!
Besides, I hope this new single currency will be successful and steady, and
that in the future DK + SV + UK will join in!...   ;-)

Pedro

PS - I believe Denmark is linked to the European Monetary System somehow,
unlike Sweden or UK, but I am really not sure how.