 Local / Deutschland / 986
985  |  987
Subject:
1000steine = German or European? (was: New homepage for LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:14:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Jindroush jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz wrote:
   Nope. It’s as ‘european’ as are american stuff is ‘world’. For me and most of the younger people here it could be in swahili with the very same effect.

There’s no way around than to use english (world) or regional sites. It’s arrogant to pretend that german site is ‘european’.

Very kind of you :-(

Please have a look at the homepage as of today and count the flags of the countries: http://www.festum.de/1000steine/

18 MOCs from Germany 10 MOCs from outside Germany (4 MOCs from Denmark, 3 MOCs from Switzerland, 1 MOC from Sweden, 1 MOC from Belgium, 1 MOC from USA)

Or all ISCC entries (not all entries public yet): http://www.festum.de/1000steine/iscc/iscc3/entries/entries.php

34 MOCs from Germany 19 MOCs from outside Germany (5 MOCs from Denmark, 4 MOC from USA, 3 MOCs from Switzerland, 2 MOC from Sweden, 2 MOCs from Italy, 1 MOC from Belgium, 1 MOC from The Netherlands, 1 MOC from UK)

Now tell me again whether 1000steine.de is German only or not.

We have several european members there, you can post in the Forum even in English (and you’ll receive your answers in English too), also German is a common second language in Europe...

However, IMO it’s not the language that makes a site Local, European or worldwide, but the visitors and users who are contributing.

Nevertheless: Leg Godt!

René

PS: I don’t know why you hang on Christians sentence about 1000steine.de being European, also I don’t spread this thought officially; I only stand up for “my” website.