 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 74
Re: Star Wars sculptures at Eaton Center Bay.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 14:21:00 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Jeff Elliott writes:
Yes, this is true.  At least, I remember seeing the Droid and the
Vader...  I don't know how the Bay would feel about me taking
pictures...

Well, if they are still around in a month or so then I'll get to see them too
:) Last time I was up there, despite getting lost in the aisles, and almost
getting crushed by the unstable-looking megablocks display; there weren't many
assistants apparent at all. Although that was Febuary/Winterfest time, but
maybe they hire more people in the summer?

Richard

No, the Bay is perrenially understaffed.  You have to mug one & spirit
them off to the Lego section, basically.

BTW, I checked out the sculptures last night:  There's a 6'6" (or so)
Darth Vader (The cape is fabric, the rest is Lego); a battle Droid
(Roger Roger!); and what I think is supposed to be an
Alice-in-Wonderland
rabbit (Complete with trans-red pocket watch) made from Duplo and Lego.

I didn't notice any others about.

Jeff