 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 64
Re: Lock up your daughters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 05:13:17 GMT

Hey Tranna!

Thanks for a great time Wednesday nite. Got together with Calum, Jeff Elliot
and his wife Susan, and Chris Magno and his wife whose name I forget (she
didn't give me a business card, it's her fault).

I picked Calum up at his house in Etobicoke (say that three times fast), saw
his town/train layout and marvelled at his 4030, 4031 and MIB pizza to go,
talked Jags with his dad who has a "very cherry" cherry red 69 series 2 2+2 E
type, and it was time to go.

Then we went into town and met Jeff and Susan, Chris and his NLSO (who left
early) at the Hot House. We talked trash about everyone who didn't show. Calum
overused the phrase "yo Guy!" to the point where we started throwing things,
and tried to get me to commit to fly in on the 27th for the robot fest. Not
very successfully.

Then we went over to Jeff's office, saw the famous 2 track lift bridge with
officeproofing and his very cool fully detailed town rowhouse (lots and LOTS of
liftoffs) The entire time, Chris was whining because we were drooling over
stuff that didn't have any gears or motors. But you know how technic heads are.
You can always tell a technic head but you can't tell them much.

Calum told us about his new eCommerce venture(?) livesquidinabox.com which
apparently hasn't actually shipped any live squid YET but is reconceptualizing
its positioning strategy in the S2C and S2B marketspaces while risk arbitraging
realization mechanisms in the ongoing web millieu. Or something like that. It
was pretty deep stuff. Ya, the kind of deep where boots help.

Finally we went to Jeff and Susan's apartment and just built stuff. Jeff showed
off his hovertanks. Very cool, especially the belly mounted retractable chin
guns. So I had to build something nonviolent, and I did. I almost put a motor
on it to shut Chris up but was talked out of it at the last minute.

Great fun, thanks Tranna!

++Lar