 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 272
Re: Where in Ottawa sells trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Daniel Jette wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to the group and new to Lego train collecting. I'm wondering if
there is anywhere in the city where I can pick up extra track, or that has
good prices on sets. Any good tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the world of LEGO Trains. I got addicted about 5 years ago myself.

Unfortunately, there are no stores in the Ottawa area that carry track to my
knowledge. There are 3 LEGO Outlet Stores in southern Ontario that may still
carry track, but for the most part, we rely on LEGO's online shopping for
track, Shop@Home.
They actually have an excellent deal on track right now, but it is ending
shortly.
If you go to the website shop.lego.com and scroll down, at the bottom of
the sidebar on the left, there is a link for Catalog Quick Order. Click
through that link, and enter "canbrick" as the catalog code.
Straight and curved track are $12.99Cdn instead of $17.99Cdn.
Switches are $27.99Cdn instead of $37.99Cdn.
And the Deluxe Track Kit is $99Cdn instead of $135Cdn. An excellent deal.
Also, the "My Own Train" line is on sale till August 30 too if you buy
more than one. We just did 2 very large group orders for these deals.

As for other LEGO in Ottawa, there is a store called PlayValue on the
north side of the 417 at Carling which always has an assortment of discount
LEGO sets. And watch Toys R Us for sales on train sets. That usually only
happens in the month leading up to Christmas though.

In case you didn't realize it, there is a group of LEGO enthusiasts here
in Ottawa who meet monthly, and we are in the middle of planning our second
train layout for a model train show in October.

Drop us an email if you want to meet up sometime. We plan to meet next on
Thursday September 2 in the evening at one of our members homes.
Our website is www.parlugment.org
Hope to see you soon.
Play well.

Tim Strutt