 Local / Canada / Ontario / 413
412  |  414
Subject:
Lasting Toys Inc - December theme schedule - and a special treat!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:35:24 GMT

Happy Holidays!

There is a lot of stock available and it should be available right through until Christmas. So if you hear of people unable to find the LEGO that they are searching for, send them on down! Many sets are selling out at the major chains and even at the major web sites, but we are still well stocked with all the favorites - Sponge Bob, Harry Potter, Star Wars, TECHNIC etc. We are open Fridays 10am - 4pm and Saturdays 9:30am-4:30pm.

Our big news for December is that Greg Hyland is coming to our store December 16th from 1 - 4 p.m. to create custom mini-figure drawings (free with $200 purchase) and sign Batman boxes. He will have copies of the AFOL #1 comic available as well. Greg is the artist who creates the comic strips on the back of Batman LEGO boxes and is the resident Star Wars comic artist on the Www.Fbtb.Net web site.

December Theme Days (when we bring out some interesting items from the theme and ususally discounted items from prior years) are as follows:
  • 8th/9th is Star Wars (bringing out alot of our older stuff that people are probably hunting for)

  • 15th/16th is Bionicle
We also have Advent calendars and various Christmas sets. The 2006 Christmas snowflake should be in by December 8. It’s a cool ornament made of transparent plates and bricks.

We have brought in a lot of items that will not be available at most stores and some that seem to be USA only releases. These make special gifts since people won’t have seen them in the stores.
  • Bionicle - 8625 Umbra - Guardian of the Mask of Life!

  • Bionicle - 10204 Vezon & Kardas - a really big dragon looking creature. It is really sets 8733/8734/8764 but sold for only $85 CAD instead of $105 for the three.

  • Construction - 7905 Tower Crane - a very nicely done tall tower building crane.

  • Exo-Force - 7713 Bridge Walker and White Lightning - a really big bad guy machine vs. smaller good guy machine with lots of light bricks/weapons

  • Racers - 8682 Nitro Intimidator - a super charged up/modified truck

  • Star Wars - 10174 UCS AT-ST - a nicely done large scale version of the AT-ST

  • Star Wars - 10175 Vader’s TIE Advanced - another large scale UCS model, but this time of the advanced TIE in black/grey

  • Trains - 10173 Holiday train - a super cool push train. Engine, passenger, tree car, present car and caboose are included. It’s over 45 inches long.
Some 2007 items are available already (and won’t be available from most stores until January or February 2007)
  • Aquaraiders - 7770-5 - a cross between alpha team and the old divers series. Quite nice. Sets range from $9-$115.

  • Bionicle - Matoran of Mahri Nui 8929-32, latest ‘4’ pack (yes, not 6) of small boxed bionicles

  • Creator - 4939 Cool cars - build a car with gull wing doors, a mighty truck or a sleek racecar

  • Exo-Force - 8100/8101/8102/8103 but sorry no 8104/8105 yet

  • Fire - 7942 Off-Road Rescue - a good off-road truck/trailer for rescues

  • Fire - 7944 Fire Hovercraft - a nicely detailed hovercraft for water/land rescues

  • Mosaics - 6163 A World of LEGO Mosaics - cool clear base plates on which you build pictures. Lots of ideas are provided.

  • Racers - 8134 Night Crusher - a monster truck and stunt show in one

  • TECHNIC - 8270 Rough Terrain Crane - a small crane with bracing for rough terrain loading

  • TECHNIC - 8272 Snowmobile - builds a nice looking snowmobile, and the alternate build is a bulldozer
And we still have tons of stock for items that people are finding hard to find in physical stores or even online web sites like:
  • City - 7237 Police Station

  • City - 7894 Airport

  • Construction - 7344 Dump Truck

  • Fire - 7240 Fire station

  • SpongeBob - 3827 Adventures in Bikini Bottom

  • Star Wars - 7250/7252/7255/7256/7259/7261 lots of stock in all items

  • Star Wars - 6205/6206/62076208/6209 lots of stock in all items

  • Star Wars - 6210 Jabba’s Sail barge

  • Star Wars - 6211 Star Destroyer

  • TECHNIC - 8285 Tow Truck

  • TECHNIC - 8420 Motorbike

  • Trains - 7898 Cargo Train
Check out the LOOT WALL with $1 - $10 items great for loot bags or stocking stuffers. There are over 100 items on the wall now, and we are still adding more items.

Hope to see you soon!

Lasting Toys Inc. 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 Mississauga, ON

www.lastingtoys.com (pricing in USD)