 Local / Canada / Nova Scotia / Halifax / 5
Re: Going to be in Halifax 30 apr-9 july
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns.hal
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 05:18:04 GMT

James Powell wrote:

Hi.
I'm a Victoria resident, but am going to be in Hfx for a course for the above
dates.  Any suggestions on shops that have older lego left?

James Powell

Greetings,

Older LEGO.....evil cackle.....in _my_ backyard.  Sorry about that,
I don't know what came over me :).   Selection around here is not
great, 6 Zellers, 3 Walmarts, 2 Sears, 1 TRU, 2 Bays, 2 Winners, 1 tiny
high priced independent total in the Halifax region.  The Bay
is your best bet for older sets.  I got really annoyed at the
horrible service in there once (from sales-clerk as well as a
suit-type) and haven't been back since July '97.

If you can let me know what you might be looking for I can
keep an eye out for you.

If you are a non-smoker and can be fragrance-free maybe we
could get together.  Maybe bring some pictures of your city.

Other places to check: Sears Outlet store ( downstairs from
retail store in Halifax), and the two winners stores.
With these it is very hit and miss, but they occationally
have some older or discounted LEGO.

I don't know if you will have a car, but I should warn you
the bus system is horrible around here.  Walking is usually
much easier if you don't have far to go.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Oh, to remind you that the weather is slightly different
here than in Victoria, we had snow today :).  Not a usual
occurance, but not unheard of.
--
Gail Meagher
LEGO: PI+++c(6286) TR+++(4563) MOC+++ HM++(293)