 Local / Canada / Nova Scotia / 59
58  |  60
Subject:
LEGO train displays in Halifax, Tuesday May 1st and Saturday June 2nd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:18:18 GMT

VIA will be hosting, for the 5th year, the "All Aboard for Safety" event. The
event will take place during Rail Safety Week on Tuesday, May 1 from 0900-1600
hours at the train station in downtown Halifax.  It is geared for kids, but the
general public is welcome to come and take a look as well.  I'll be there with a
LEGO train layout, there will other model train layouts (as far as I know),
other interesting booths, and you can tour the VIA train and an engine.  Last
year it was scheduled to end at 4 pm, but many of the people left after 1 or so,
when the school kids were finished.  No admission cost.

I will also be doing a display at the MFMR convention June 2nd at the
Multipurpose room at the Halifax Forum, 9 am - 4 pm.  $5 for adults, $10 per
family, free parking.  More info:  http://halifaxmodeltrains.ca/

Gail Meagher
my pipe and drum band is eager to perform with their new bagpipes!