 Local / Canada / Nova Scotia / 42
41  |  43
Subject:
Nova Scotian "blockheads" profiled in Sunday Daily News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns.hal, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:23:58 GMT

Greetings,

The Sunday Daily News (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) has an article on
the local AFOLs.  Unfortunately it does not appear to be on the paper's
online site ( http://hfxnews.ca/ ).  If you are in the Halifax area I
recommend picking up a copy.  The cover of the Sunday supplement "You"
is a picture of George Chapman with some of his LEGO.  A smaller version
of this picture makes the front page of the paper.  Inside, there is a
full page article (half picture half text), written after interviewing
three NovaLUG members (George Chapman, Gail Meagher, and Lawrence
Livesey).

The reporter wanted to do the article right away, rather than waiting
until our next show, so the pictures are of George's home layout and
building space.  A few typos and mistakes, and the reporter uses 'Lego'
rather than 'LEGO' (at least it isn't Legos), but overall a good
article.  Hopefully he might do another one when we do a show in town.

Gail Meagher