 Local / Canada / British Columbia / Victoria / 81
80  |  82
Subject:
Train show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:55:06 GMT

OK...

I am _right now_ unable to commit to doing the victoria train show...I don't
_yet_ know if I will be in victoria at all.  That being said, I think it is
about 95% chance that I will be back in Victoria before September.  As soon as
I have a commitment from the CF that I am going back to Victoria, I would be
willing to do a bunch of the running around.  But, before I do that, I would
like to know some idea of the support.

Here's what I am offering:  (1)-To build all tables (not sure how much room we
would get, not all that much, because there is simply not all that much room at
the show...this I do know...).  These would be to PNLTC standards, and I would
do them when I get back to victoria.(2) to supply all track needed for layout.
I have enough that I cannot see a problem, unless someone wants more than 2
crossovers (at least in 9V).   (3) would be to organize/coordinate with the Vic
train club guys (I have the ph #, if one of the other people want to start up
now with this, before I can 100% commit)

So: what I would be looking for
A) people to help with manning.  If you are over from Vancouver (or anywhere
else to the east...) I _might_ be able to put you up.
B) Some buildings.  Victoria LUG people, this is where I would be seeking much
help.  I can probably populate a 20'x20' layout with buildings from my own
collection (just), but would need building assistance beforehand to do so. (not
enough time for me to build everything...)  I cannot see people turning down
the opertunity to build with better than 140K of bricks...
C) Rolling stock.  Again, I likely have enough to populate a complete layout
(around 100 pieces+ locos)...but, some different types of cars would be nice.
D) Signature Models
-KW, how about a Painted House?  Or some of the other stuff?  (The fountain,
ect)
-Randy, what about a new stadium?  Heck, I have the stands for the present one
:)

I think it would be a lot of fun.  Like I posted earlier, I am somewhat over
extended for the show, in that 3 groups want me.  I can do a lot of the running
around, but not a lot of the actual stand time (but, at the same token, you
might get a chance on a live steamer...if VIME has the track, I suppose I can
arrange a bit of time to play...)

Comments?  Flames?  Tar&feather sessions?
Email me!

James