 Local / Canada / 998
997  |  999
Subject:
first time in a toys r us!! (a reflection of the golden days of lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 15:54:33 GMT

Warning:  This is only a reflection on my childhood   :Warning

I still have a vague memory of the first time I went into a Toys R us....
I must have been about 9, and I thought it was heaven!!!!  My city,
St. Catharines didn't have a TRU yet, we did have a "Toy City"???  which
I was able to get a lot of rare harder to find sets....

Then they had corner display just of Lego Trains....needless to say I wasn't
a happy camper when we had to leave....I didn't get anything but I think
that was one of my favorite days in my childhood.  Two Lego sets stuck
out in my mind....the Emergency Medical Center (which was called Lego Hospital
in Canada, under Samsonite) and Horse Riding Stable.

but I remember all the awesome Lego sets (I think there was a whole row of
sets just for LEGO!!!  I also remember all the classic GI JOE sets there
too...especially the Aircraft Carrier!!!!  I thought that was amazing.

The first time I started really using E-bay, the Hospital set was the
first set I got off there.....I still haven't tried to aquire the Horse
Riding Stable....maybe in a few more years....

....I hope you liked my stroll down memory lane....I wish TRU again had
an isle just for Lego, and that all the sets were worth buying just like
the year 1989 to 1996....

....ahhhh the Golden Years!!!! ;-(  as tears well up in my eyes!!!