 Local / Canada / 939
938  |  940
Subject:
Zellers Select= good clearance savings!!! :) :) :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 02:35:43 GMT

Anyone else have a 'Zellers Select' store?  I find that they have the older and
less popular sets- meaning good clearance-time deals!  The price in Canadian
dollars is often similar to the price in American dollars.

Team Transport  Seemed to be reduced to $17, but was unfortunately
not in stock :(

[Classic "Freestyle" Bag]  Originally, $2, has been reduced to $1.
Last call for weird face bricks!

[Classic/Basic Bag] Originally $1.99, it has been restickered as
$1.00. A sign in the store advertized this set as $0.85!  Town builders might
want to get some for the old-style small wheels. :)

Defense Archer Reduced from $3 to $2.

Rock Raiders  $7.  Nothing special, but cheaper than it was before.

Pontoon Plane Stickered as $7, and scans as that price.  A sign
posted on the shelf stated that the clearance price was $5.95, but I had to
show the store employee to get it at this price.  I'm not sure if the lower
price was an ended sale, or a purely local promotion, so I've indicated all
differneces between signs and stickers.

Countdown Corner $20 according to sign, possibly $25 on the sticker.

Mobile Outpost Sign $25; sticker $30.

Snowmobile Reduced from $3 to $2.

Desert Skiff Reduced from $10 to $8.

Landspeeder Reduced from $9 to $7.

Gungan Patrol Sign $8.50, sticker $10.00.

Flash Speeder $10.  I bought one, and this is a truly fantastic set!

Speederbikes Recently restickered to $12, a sign indicates $9.60.
Yes, they were $9.60! (And I paid $16 in January, how sad)

A-Wing Fighter Reduced from $18 to $15.

Naboo Fighter Sign $21.25, sticker $25.

Robot's Revenge A sign in the store advertizes a price of $28.  (I
got mine for under $18 last year by presenting a Walmart flyer!)

Millennia $21.25 according to sign, $25 according to sticker.  Not
bad, as the original price was around $32.

Blaster Zellers now sells these for $20 instead of $22 or $23, which
is unremarkable since they were $20 at other stores last year.

And while not a clearance item...

Stuntman Catapult was still $3.49, not $5!