 Local / Canada / 733
Re: Canadian HO & O Scale Decals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:24:39 GMT

Dean Husby wrote in message <3A23114F.4596289C@akasa.bc.ca>...
Does anyone know where to get Decals for HO & O Scale for Canadian
lines?
From within Canada if possible?
I'm looking for VIA ones at the moment.

Have you checked the local model train stores Dean?  Van Hobbies at 671
Marine Dr SE and Central Hobbies at 2845 Grandview would be bound to have
them I would have thought. Otherwise, try www.chinookandhobbywest.com or
www.traintown-canada.com , they both look possible from their ads in MR.

Also, does anyone know where there are some GOOD pictures of Trains?
I've been having a hell of a time finding any good ones. VIA ones would
be very helpful. I'm working on the observation car at the moment.

VIA Rail has a photo album on their site:
http://www.viarail.ca/en.index.html
And here's the "VIA Rail Roster and Photo Archive"
http://mile262.railfan.net/viarail/ (which turns out to be all bad links
except the "Home Hardware" train:
http://mile262.railfan.net/viarail/via6429.html !)
VIA Rail Photo page at
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Woods/5376/via.html and also
http://www.trainweb.org/lansingrailfan/via.html (maybe the same pics?)
VIA Rail in Montreal: http://www.mediom.qc.ca/~epelleti/VIA.htm
Canadian Railroad Historical Association Archives & Library at
http://www.exporail.org/archives/archives_ang.htm
Canadian MLW/ALCO pages at http://reay.net/cdnmlw/ (scroll down to find VIA
ones)
VIA dome cars on Trainweb: http://www.trainweb.com/domecars/via.html