 Local / Canada / 626
625  |  627
Subject:
Fleecing by TRU?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:44:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

I recently visited a TRU in Montreal. They had a Star Wars Bonus two-pack
consisting of the 7151 Sith Infiltrator and the 7121 Naboo Swamp. They were
selling it for 49.99$ !!!

In other stores, the bonus packs have stickers saying "Reduced by 50%" and
are effectively priced 50% lower than if you buy the sets seperately. This
sticker had visibily been torn off, with only small fragments of it and some
glue remaining. The combo in question should have been priced in the 28$ to
30$ range (7151 is about 40$ and 7121 is roughly 16$).

It looks to me like TRU is trying to screw it's customers over. Has anyone
else seen this or is it only this store?

Kev Z

  Re: Fleecing by TRU?

(...) Ditto in Edmonton. Didn't notice if the stickers had been removed or not, but I didn't look that closely. Just mentally grumbled and didn't buy any. James James Brown's Parts Sale: (URL) parts, averaging $0.10 per piece. (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.ca)
  Re: Fleecing by TRU?

Yea, I noticed the same thing at a Toronto TRU. I saw the stickered 2 piece set and had the sales clerk scan the price and it came up about $50. I can't remember the exact price, just the sticker shock of not 50% off. (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.ca)