 Local / Canada / 470
469  |  471
Subject:
Zellers "Clearance" (Canada)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:10:06 GMT

G'day folks,

Okay, last week during Zellers' semi-regular 15% off sale, I found a bunch of
sets at one store with Clearance stickers on them.  They scanned 30% off
total.  So the 7171 Pod Race was down to $70 from $100 (it's only $89 regular
at Walmart, and TRU too I think).  I asked an employee if that was before or
after the 15% sale.  She said it was already included, making the clearance
some weird percent (like 17.6% I think).  I didn't buy anything.  I think she
was wrong, and it was just the clearance price.  Does Zellers allow sale
reductions to go on top of clearances as well?

I went in last night to see what they scanned at now without the 15% sale.
They scanned at full price!  And there's a big clearance sticker right on the
front of the box!  (I only found one store that used stickers).

So does anybody know what the clearance prices are supposed to be??  Since
this seems to be chain-wide (2 other stores scanned at the same prices during
the sale), I'm guessing the staff has a "book" somewhere that tells them which
sets are supposed to be clearanced and at how much?  I'd like to know for when
the next 15%-er comes around if the sets are supposed to be 30% cleared, and
then 15% on top of that again (equals 40.5% off total).  That'd be $59.50 for
a 7171 (US$40.50).

Thanx,
KDJ

Kyle D. Jackson, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, LUGNETer #203