 Local / Canada / 47
RE: Lego & Canada Post are S-L-O-W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:01:47 GMT

We have lots of MindStorms in Toys'R'Us out here in British Columbia. Maybe
you can get a local Toys'R'Us to ship one back east.

---
Dave Hylands               Email: DHylands@creo.com     3700 Gilmore Way
Principal Software Developer Tel: (604) 451-2700 x2329  Burnaby B.C.
Creo Products Inc.           Fax: (604) 437-9891        Canada V5G 4M1

-----Original Message-----
From: Gail Meagher [mailto:685721@ican.net]
Sent: Friday, March 26, 1999 9:41 AM
To: lugnet.loc.ca@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Lego & Canada Post are S-L-O-W

Tim Culberson wrote:

I ordered a catalog at the beginning of February.. and the nice lady
said "It'll be there around the end of February or the very first of
Marhc at the Latest"...would you say that the 23 of March is "the first
of march"???  Anyways, I actually have a 1999 Lego Catalog now...it's
pretty sad when One has to wait until 3 mos. into March just to get a
catalog!  Not to mention there is very little '99 stuff here in New
Brunswick...and I haven't even seen a Mindstorms anywhere yet!

Anyways, enough rants
-Tim Culberson

I just got my second one this week (one my name, one in my mothers).
LEGO Canada always seems to be late in getting out catalogues.
The last few seem to just be a cut down version of the US one.
Don't know if it is significantly different in French.  Maybe
it is the translation that takes so long.

I think the only place youa re likely to see a mindstorms is
maybe in Eatons, but don't hold your breath.  I remember an ad
showing they had them, but don't trust it.  Sears also
sells it through the catalogue, so it could conceivably
show up in an outlet store.  Well, I can dream about it at least :).

I know there is only one LEGO rep for New Brunswick (also one
for NS, they split PEI).  Have you run into them lately?
Fair amount of '99 stuff in Nova Scotia, mainly at Zellers.
Sears has a bit, haven't ventured 'cross the bridge to TRU lately.

Adding to the rant:  I ordered a set through S@H US that was sent
to a friend near Denver, who then mailed it to me.  That took less
time than ordering a set from S@H Canada!  Sigh.  At least they
will have all this years new 9V train stuff.
--
Gail Meagher
LEGO: PI+++(6286) TR+++(4563) HM++(293) MOC++