 Local / Canada / 391
Re: BRICK Direct announced for Canadian Legofans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 04:05:38 GMT

YUCK, Brokerage fee is NOT great news. Thank you John MacDonald very much for
warning about brokerage fees.  I did not awareness about this before.  I
usually send shipping with USPS and never has any problem.

SO TO ALL CANADIANS,
BRICK Direct remove "UPS Standard to Canada" shipping methods from our store
checkout, because we believe that checkout is FINAL and no more add any kind
of fee such as brokerage, etc. We want give BEST service and satisfaction to
customer.  If you need quotes price.  Please continue shopping and checkout
without shipping and we will contact with you for option shipping
with "Express Mail, Airmail, and Surface Mail".  You can contact with us
before checkout, whatever is better for you.  FedEx is still expensive. We are
still continue work with USPS International Shipping.  Once again, thank you
John for all your advice.

Chris Layton
Owner & Operator
BRICK Direct

In lugnet.loc.ca, John MacDonald writes:
UPS Standard doesn't seem expensive,
until you get hit with huge brokerage fees at the border.

From UPS website
-----------------
http://www.ups.com/using/services/intl/std-guide.html

UPS Standard To Canada rates do not include customs clearance.
Brokerage charges, duties and taxes will be billed to the importer
unless otherwise indicated by the shipper.
-----------------
On a $60 parcel I recieved a few months ago,
I had to pay $9 in PST & GST.
I had to pay $25 dollars in brokerage fees,
and to add insult to injury,
I had to pay GST on the brokerage fees.

SO TO ALL CANADIANS,
Don't get packages by UPS Standard to Canada.
USPS or FedEx is the only way to go.

RPS is bad as well.  UPS at least usually calls to
warn you, but RPS will deliver a package, and then
several weeks later you get a big fat bill for
brokerage fees.

Christopher David Layton wrote:

Hi Canadian Legofans,

BRICK Direct is pleasure to announce everybody in Canada. Our store has • solve
to add new shipping methods "UPS Standard to Canada"  Canadian can shopper • and
checkout with "UPS Standard to Canada" without email to customer service for
quotes price.  Let go shopper today anytime without contact for shipping • price.

For other international customers than Canada, our e-commerce program has
still difficulties shipping out of the USA.  However, we are continue work • and
build shipping methods program. We will still work with you to send our
products to you with the correct price.  We can arrange a price that will
include Shipping & Handling charges.

If you have any suggestions or ideas which could improve our store to better
service to you, feel free to e-mail us at customer@brickdirect.com. • Otherwise,
enjoy your shopping and let your imagination explode!!!

Christopher D. Layton
Owner & Operator
BRICK Direct™