 Local / Canada / 268
Re: 7144 Slave 1 at Sears in NS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:29:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, John Battcock writes:
Picked up said set at Sears in Halifax today... 29.99 (20% off and a 5.00
coupon). They also had one of the arctic sets #6520 which looked Okay but
price was a high at 39.99.  As Sears is 10% to 15% higher in this neck of
the woods I didn't want to waste a coupon on it.

I also found many Y2K sets in the Sears in Ottawa Carlingwood.  I got the 6520
but kind of disappointed.  It only have the LEGO direct catalogue!  I bought it
for the tank track and the base wall pieces.  The slope of the wall pieces
have some mold artifict on it - not the smooth look on the box.  Set is quite
juniorize.  At least it is 20%+GST off and with the $5 coupon bring it down to
$29.

I also see Slave 1, B-Wing, Flash Speeder, Pit Droid, two new castle sets and
the other smaller Arctic set there - all at Sear's regular super high price.