 Local / Canada / 2552
Re: The strange case of 1975 Eaton's Catalog Sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:45:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

<snip>

I'm wondering if any Canadian LEGO collectors have any of these sets (they would
be numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8)... with the old LEGO logo with the bilingual
writing within the logo?

<snip>

Thanks,
Gary Istok

P.S.  I'll be asking more "unique to Canada" questions of the Canadians on this
forum.  There are many chapters in my LEGO DVD/download that are devoted to
Canadian sets... such as Department Store Catalog exclusive sets, unique
Canadian spare parts packs, Canadian catalogs, etc.  From 1961-65 all USA
Samsonite LEGO bricks (not specialty parts) were produced in Stratford Ontario,
the boxes produced in Detroit Michigan, and sets assembled/shipped via Denver
Colorado.

When I was a kid, we had all the 'even' numbers--2, 4, 6, 8...

DUnno how that happened but that's what we got for x-mas and b-days (along with
assorted other  small sets), but I do distinctly remember getting all the even
numbered box sets and not the odd numbers.

Which was a little 'odd' if I do say so.

ANyway, sorry Gary, those boxes are so long gone.  I'll look thru the photos of
my childhood to see if there's any of them with the boxes in them.  But I highly
doubt it :(

Dave K