 Local / Canada / 2152
2151  |  2153
Subject:
What's up with the 2006 price hike in Canada?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 05:46:14 GMT

Mindstorms NXT -> "suggested retail price of $249.99 (USD) and $379.99 (CAD)."

What is going on?  US$250 = CAD$286.  I can save CAD$90 - shipping just by
importing it from a US toy store, and possibly more if it slip pass custom.

I have noticed similar Canadian price hike on all new 2006 sets, from x-pod to
Star Wars.  At MSRP we are paying more for the A-Wing than those in US, UK and
Germany, but matching Australian price.

Have Canada become a secondary market now?  Don't tell me it is because of Mega
Bloks or Hans Island...