 Local / Canada / 204
Re: shop at home news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 05:36:26 GMT

James Brown wrote:
Yup, I noticed that too.  Did anyone else notice that we're now paying >US prices in US dollars?  And then tax/import on top of that?

Well, it always seemed to me that Canadian S@H prices were a direct
equivalent of US S@H prices, comparing them on the Lego Direct flyers
that came in sets. So I don't see any difference there. There's no
actual *import duty* on toys, so that won't be a change. We pay GST on
S@H orders now so that's no change. The only difference is having to pay
in US$, and if you use a credit card there's no actual extra cost for
that, to my knowlege. It will jut take longer for stuff to get here, is
the only difference I can see.

Kevin

--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com