 Local / Canada / 1626
Re: Walmart Finds (Canada)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:57:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Robert Horvath writes:
Hi from Kitchener,

Stopped in at our local Walmart and stumbled across 1382 Scary Labratory for
$35 Cdn in a makeshift clearance aisle...I picked up two.  Soccer Challenge
II 3420 was also on for $35 Cdn. I couldn't justify that one for parts.
Anyone else have any thoughts on this set as a parts source?

This Walmart also had the mini Star Wars sets.  My son grabbed the last full
set of 4 at $5.86 each.  There were only about two other left.  These look
pretty popular...I felt three families with kids staring us down like they
were going to mug us...made it out alive.

Just thought I'd give Canuckie Walmart shoppers a heads up!

Bob

With word that Walmart was actually marking down Lego this year, I managed
to make it out before closing on Saturday.  I got the last Republic Gunship
that I could find for $35 CDN.  I thought $50 two weeks ago was a deal!
Also of interest was the lack of new sets.  They had been out but it looks
like they were taken down to clean up the Lego area until the clearance
stuff is gone.

Anybody else find this item further reduced?

Andrew