 Local / Canada / 1499
1498  |  1500
Subject:
S@H duties??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:18:45 GMT

In light of the recent announcement in .technic (reissue of 8460!), I'm
planning on placing my first S@H order in a long while.

Here's some of the small print on the S&H page:

"In placing your order, you authorize LEGO Shop at Home to appoint a
Canadian customs broker to act on your behalf to obtain customs clearance of
your merchandise and remit applicable duties and taxes to Revenue Canada.
Amounts received by LEGO Direct for duties and taxes are accepted on your
behalf, for the broker."

I expect to pay taxes, but not duty.  What happened to free trade?
Has anyone recently placed an order and had to pay duty?

Jeff J